● University of Texas at Arlington (with High Honors, 1970)
● Member, Phi Alpha Theta National Honor Society.
● University of Texas at Austin; Doctor of Jurisprudence (August 1973).
● November 1973 to January 1975:
Associate of successful civil attorney representing interests of a number of high-profile
clients; handled occasional misdemeanors for civil clients of the firm or their families
● February 1975 to December 1975:
Engaged in general private practice, divided among general civil, family and criminal law.
● January 1976 to December 31, 2008:
Partner in the law firm of Ritchie & Glass; firm practice included general civil litigation,
including collections, personal injury, wills and probate, contracts and some family law; firm
eventually practiced almost exclusively criminal law; partnership ended upon partner taking
office as elected judge of the 337th Criminal District Court of Harris County, Texas.
● January 1, 2009 to Present:
Engaged in the solo practice of Criminal Law.
● Participated in numerous judicial and non-judicial Democratic campaigns.
● Board Member, Montrose Counseling Center, 1985 - 1986.
● Member of numerous Democratic Political Organizations, as well as the Harris County
Democratic Lawyers Association.
● Harris County Democratic Precinct Chair, Pct. 34 (2000 - 2002).
● Sustaining Member, Harris County Democratic Party.
● First Place in Brief Writing and Appellate Advocacy Course, U. T. Law School, Spring of
● Tried and reversed one of the first Harris County cases on the grounds of the prosecution
unlawfully striking black jurors on the basis of race from the venire panel to keep them off
the trial jury (1984).
● Obtained Board Certification in Criminal Law (recognition as an expert) from the Texas
Board of Legal Specialization (1983).
● Member of the College of the State Bar of Texas (2000 - 2015).
WHY I AM THE PREFERRED CANDIDATE IN THE DEMOCRATIC PRIMARY:
● I am the ONLY Board Certified Criminal Law Specialist running in the Democratic Primary for Judge of the 351st Criminal District Court. I have been Board Certified two and one half (2 ½ ) times longer than my opponent has been licensed as a lawyer
● I have over forty (40) years of criminal trial and appellate experience in State and Federal
Court, handling thousands of criminal cases, while my opponent’s main practice is family
and divorce law.
● So far, I have been endorsed by every major organization screening Democratic primary candidates in in this 2016 Primary contest.